It is important to me to use our story and the opportunities I get to share to increase awareness about caregiving, highlight family caregiving innovations, and advance the status of family caregivers.
I guess you can say I’m working hard to make
the top 3 if you make a list of who stayin’ #active in the 8-1-6– My Come Up, The Popper
Scroll down to see the collaborations and extracurriculars that are happening at TakingCareofGrandma.com, as well as the positive press I’ve gotten over the years!
I’m proud to participate in #YouGiveaCare. The You Give a Care campaign is a movement to raise awareness about millennial caregivers:
Get the details at doyougiveacare.org
AARP Family Caregiving
Getting to Know a ‘Hero’ in a Whole New Way
Awards & Recognition
- Caregiving.com Caregiver of the Year Award 2019: https://www.caregiving.com/2019/04/meet-our-family-caregivers-of-the-year/
- MODHSS Caregiver of the Month Award, January 2018: https://health.mo.gov/seniors/pdf/caregiver-jan-2018.pdf
Making a Break Project
I join Denise at Caregiving.com and our expert friends once a month to help you brainstorm ideas to create space in your life for respite.
To join us for our next session, RSVP at
The #latenitecarechat is an alternative opportunity to connect with others who care for a family members. We discuss a variety of topics with an open discussion each week.
- Age Positive 2019: Integrated Supports for Grandma’s Good Life (and Rachel’s Too)
- ARCH National LifeSpan Respite Conference 2019: Who Is America’s New Sandwich Generation? Millennials and GenX
- National Caregiving Conference, 2018:
- Owning a Small Business and Your Caregiving Experience Panel Discussion
- How to Champion a Caregiving Cause Panel Discussion
- Caregiving.com CCC Webinar: Reach for the Star: Integrating Supports for Caregiving
- National Caregiving Conference, 2017: Millennial Caregiving Adventures with Grandma